Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Last Time I Saw Richard

Hot off the easel............



I thought I would show you the process of this painting.  At first I painted this:



*Yawn*  B-o-r-i-n-g
So I thought I would paint a duck coming in on the right, getting ready to land in the water.  Could be interesting.
Here is the process of painting the duck:

First the head.....




Then the body and a wing...........




The other wing, and feet.....



Put it all together along with putting some specks on the land for interest, and making the tree more full, and you get this:



And still it's not interesting.  I need to add something before I fall asleep! Why is the duck landing in this spot? No reason that I can see. So I gave him a reason to land:


Now it's interesting!  That's my process for this painting. Let me know what you think of this process in the comments if you'd like. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment