Monday, August 15, 2016

Two painting challenge paintings

We have two paintings ready to post for our second painting challenge!

My sister Betty Ann's painting has the sky of Sarasota, Florida from the challenge and the foreground from Selby Bontaincal Gardens, also in Sarasota. 

  


My sister painted with oils and a palette knife on a 9 x 12 canvas. It's so beautiful and moving. I love this painting!

My painting is the Sarasota sky, of course, from our challenge and the foreground is from  the land surrounding the East Point Lighthouse in New Jersey.  


My painting is 8 x 10 oil on gessobord.

Some East Point fun facts:

The East Point Light, known as the Maurice River Light before 1913, is a lighthouse located in Heislerville, New Jersey on Delaware Bay at the mouth of the Maurice River in Maurice River Township, Cumberland County, New Jersey.

If anyone else is joining in the challenge I look forward to any and all submissions!

No comments:

Post a Comment